It is inevitable to avoid stress in our daily lives which comes from different sources, from work, finances and relationships. When dealing with stress whether it is part of your daily routine, a major stress or big challenges in life like a health problem, divorce or loss of a loved one, it can significantly affect you physically and emotionally.
How do you know that you are stressed out? This question is difficult to answer because the effect of stress varies from each person. It can affect the body in different ways, some are too obvious and for others it is unnoticeable until it becomes severe. Second, the effects of stress are mistakenly known as symptoms of illnesses. Third, individuals who are experiencing stress feel that it is a natural state and it will just pass.
- While stress affects differently in each individual, there are medical symptoms of stress to help you identify if you are experiencing one. These are:
- Headaches. If you are experiencing regular tension headaches, stress can be the main cause.
- Frequent Colds or Flu. There is a relationship between stress and immunity, if you are always sick, you could be under so much stress.
- Sleep Problems. Too much stress can lead to shallow sleep or even sleepless nights.
- General Anxiety. If you are feeling anxious most of the time, there could be many stressors that are bothering you.
- Feelings of Frustration. If there are many demands in life and all came at once, the result is feelings of irritability and frustration. To avoid getting frustrated and irritable, the tip is to calm down instantly. This will help you stay collected.
- Lowered Libido. Stress can affect one’s libido. If you are tired for sex or cannot find time for your partner, this can be caused by stress.
These are the most common medical symptoms of stress that will affect your mind and body. If you are experiencing unusual changes in your daily life, take time to think of the stressors that may have caused it or the best remedy is to seek professional help to address your concerns well.